As I reflect back on my amateur radio hobby in 2016, I didn't do nearly as much as I would of liked to during the year, but did I did accomplish quite a bit. But more than I did in 2015. I hope to do more in 2017 to help build on what I learned during 2016.
When I wasn't working portable, NPOTA or contesting in 2016, I was building antennas, testing equipment, repairing and making my portable setup more streamlined.
Here are some of the items I'd like to accomplish in 2017.
1) Work more state/NA contests. NAQP SSB Jan, Winter Field Day, NAQP RTTY Feb, MOQSO Apr, NE/DE/IN/7QP May, Field Day June, NAQP RTTY July, NAQP SSB Aug, ILQSO Oct, AR QSO Nov are on the list to work.
2) Participate in the WFF (Parks on the Air) program. Activate as many parks around STL and chase as time permits.
3) Attend W9DXCC in Sept in Chicago.
4) Continue to streamline my portable setup for easy and quick deployment.
5) Blog as least twice a month.
6) Continue to participate in my local ham radio and ARES club.
7) Work on my SO2R contesting configuration with N1MM.
8) More YouTube videos on my channel! The goal is to post 20+ videos in 2017.